Create For Mental Health Arts & Crafts Display in the West Wing.
The Create For Mental Health exhibition of members' Arts and Crafts goes on display in the West Wing from 6pm on Friday 10th December and will remain on display in the West Wing throughout the weekend until closing time on Sunday 12th. All the items on display can be purchased through a "silent auction" and all the proceeds from the auction will go to Pieta House. As you may know, Pieta House provide 24 Hour Support to people in crisis with suicidal distress and to those who self harm. So here's how that silent auction works.
• Each item on display has a display number and a guide price.
• Beside or underneath each item there will be a sheet onto which you can write your bid or offer, together with your name and contact phone number.
• Other bidders can make a higher offer on the same item by writing their bid plus their name and phone number on the next line on the sheet.
• You can of course make another higher bid offer on the item if you like. Just write that offer and your name and phone number on the next line!
• At the close of the exhibition the highest bidder gets to buy that item.
Last February during the dark days of another Covid lockdown we put out the call to members to Create For Mental Health and we have received about 100 wonderful pieces of arts and crafts from members for auction or sale, including paintings and photgraphy, metalwork and jewellery, crochet and knitware, woodwork carvings and feltware art, just to mention some. Our sincere thanks to them all! There will be lots of great Christmas gift ideas on display, so please drop in over the weekend and view their work and make your bid on your favourite pieces.
We are also having a raffle for a lovely Christmas Hamper, which is also on display, and all the raffle proceeds will be going to support Pieta House too. The raffle tickets are availablke from the bar at €5 for one strip or €10 for three strips. As they say, if you are not in, you can't win!
Please drop by at some stage between 6pm on Friday evening and closing time on Sunday night and enjoy the wonderful work on display and support Pieta House.