Clubhouse, golf course, practice facilities, Bowling Pavilion and bowling green.
Following today’s announcement by the Taoiseach in relation to the coronavirus pandemic, and the recommendation from the GUI and ILGU, the Clubhouse, golf course, practice facilities, Bowling Pavilion and bowling green will close with immediate effect until Sunday, 19th April 2020.
Further to last night’s Management Committee Meeting with regard to the staffing of our Club, the minimum roster for staff has been put in place to ensure service, security and essential maintenance, staff can still attend work and all work will be carried out in strict accordance with government guidelines on physical (social) distancing.
You will appreciate that this is a very fluid situation with new developments almost daily. We will continue to liaise with the appropriate authorities, and will ensure that our members are kept informed as to recommended best practice at all times.
The Taoiseach today stated:
• All theatres, clubs, gyms/leisure centres, hairdressers, betting shops, marts, markets, casinos, bingo halls, libraries and similar outlets are to close.
• All sporting events are cancelled, including those behind closed doors.
• All playgrounds and holiday/caravan parks to close.
• All hotels are to limit occupancy to essential non-social and non-tourist reasons.
• All places of worship are to restrict numbers entering at any one time to ensure people observe social distancing.
• All organised social indoor or outdoor events of any size are not to take place.
• All crowded places, including public amenities, should be avoided.
• All non-essential indoor visits to other persons’ homes should be avoided.
The GUI/ ILGU today stated:
While golf is an outdoor sport that allows players to exercise in the fresh air, the message is clear. People must stay at home to help to contain the spread of COVID-19.
We know that these decisions are difficult ones to make, but right now, it is our shared responsibility to prioritise the health of our local communities by working together to follow the respective Government guidelines. In doing so, this will ensure that we get the opportunity to play the game that we all love as soon as it is safe to do so.