Management Committee Information
In relation to the Covid-19 outbreak the Management Committee wishes to inform all Members that the Club will follow strictly the measures put in place by the Government until 29th March, and all the advice provided by the HSE and the GUI/ILGU.
This is a matter of paramount importance to us as a Club with Members, Employees and Visitors’ safety being our top priority.
Members with colds or any symptoms of COVID-19 are requested not to come into the Clubhouse.
Any Club Member who has been out of the country and has visited an infected area within the past two weeks is requested not to come to the Club for the next fourteen days.
Everyone should be keenly aware of the vulnerabilities that our Club will face and the older age profile of the Club’s membership must be borne in mind
The following restrictions and guidelines have been put into place until the 29th March, or longer if advised by the authorities concerned:
• The Joe Dolan Tribute Band Show schedule for 28th March has been cancelled.
• The Bridge and Poker nights have been cancelled.
• Prolonged near contact in other Clubhouse based activities are to be avoided.
• Any Society outing booked up to 29th March will be limited to a maximum of 50 players.
• Handshakes and other embraces associated with the etiquette of the game, and prize presentations, should be avoided.
• The Bowling Club’s Unfurling of the Flags will proceed on Saturday, 21st March, but the proposed Social function to follow has been cancelled.
The following announcement has been made by the GUI and ILGU:
• All GUI Inter-Club matches scheduled on or before 29th March are postponed.
• The ILGU has extended the deadline for preliminary matches so that they can be played outside of the period of restriction, if required, and this will be communicated to Clubs shortly.
The restrictions (until Sunday, 29th March) do not prevent our Club competitions or casual rounds of golf taking place, however we need to be cognisant of the social nature of our game and how this element of it is impacted.
• Members and Visitors are requested not to remove the Flagsticks on the greens when playing golf.
Some of the measures that we have implemented so far to protect our Members and Staff are:
• We are increasing the regularity of our cleaning and have made improvements to our cleaning process with the introduction of anti-bacterial disinfectant.
• Hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial hand washes have been installed in the Club and, Staff who are working are washing their hands regularly.
• We will monitor the information from the HSE on a daily basis to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information required in order to take the most appropriate actions.
• We feel that our services are very important to our Members at this time, so we will do all we can to ensure the consistent availability of service.
• Staff in the Clubhouse and on the Course will be rostered in separate groups.
• A Deep Cleaning Company will be sourced in the event that a person tested positive has been on the premises.
We can all play a part in keeping each other healthy and safe.
What we ask from you is:
Wash your hands well and often:-
• After coughing sneezing.
• When caring for the sick.
• Before during and after you prepare food.
• Before eating.
• After toilet use.
• When hands are visibly dirty.
• After handling animals or animal waste
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissue.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
It is important that we all work together, following the advice of experts, in controlling the spread of COVID-19 infection.
This is a very fluid situation and we ask all members to monitor the latest advice regularly.
We will continue to review the situation on a daily basis and will follow up with any further measures if necessary.
13th March 2020