Return to Restaurant Opening
The purpose of this document is to offer practical advice and guidance to our Members and staff to prepare for the reopening of the Restaurant from Monday, 29th June.
It is essential that our Restaurant opens in a responsible and safe way and that Government advice and policy is adhered to at all times.
These measures, which will be in operation until the start of Phase 4 of the Government Roadmap on 20th July, will be under constant review and updated in accordance with guidelines from Government, HSE, WHO and in conjunction with Fáilte Ireland, the RAS/VFI/IHA and will evolve in accordance with the gradual lifting of restrictions. These guidelines have been created in line with the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business. This document will evolve in line with the roadmap, taking into account any changes to the restrictions or physical distancing.
Members are asked for their patience with all staff as they are working under strict Government guidelines and restrictions.
CAFÉ AT THE CLUB
• From Monday (29th June) to Thursday (2nd July) the Lounge will open from 11.00 am with last orders at 4.00pm.
• Tea/Coffee, Scones, Breakfast & Snack Menu available.
• Entrance by the Balcony Entrance only.
• Exit by the West Wing Exit only.
• Access to the toilets as normal, but not the Locker rooms.
• Please avoid congregating in the Lobby area.
• No alcoholic drink will be served during this time and the Bar will be closed.
• Staff will request one name in each group for the purpose of contact tracing if necessary.
CAFÉ/ RESTAURANT (FRIDAY 3RD JULY UNTIL SUNDAY, 19TH JULY):
• Café open from 10.00am – last orders 8.00pm (+105 minutes).
• Restaurant open from 4.00pm – last orders 8.00pm (+105 minutes).
• Bar open only to serve drink with meal from 1.15pm – closes at 10.15pm
BOOKING TIMES FOR RESTAURANT:
• Members shall ONLY ring 089 225 2829 in advance to book a table.
• Booking is compulsory.
• Tables will be set for four guests. Six or more guests may be accommodated and subject to availability.
• Tables will be allocated to Members, and due to the reduced capacity requests for particular tables may not be possible.
• Special Dietary requirements must be notified at the time of booking and menus will be available on the Club website and emailed to Members.
• Opening and Closing times are subject to change at short notice based on demand. Any changes will be advised to Members.
• Though the Bar will not reopen until Monday, 20th July, alcoholic drinks can be served with a meal once food has been ordered.
• When a group arrives and need to queue, only one Member should do so. The others must adhere to physical distancing until the group can be seated.
• Enter through the Front Door and you will then be allocated the pre-booked table for the group.
• Members must show consideration to other Members.
• No shows will be carefully monitored and may be charged the €9 pp, minimum spend.
• Booking a table in advance is compulsory. Table time booking intervals must be strictly adhered to and Members are asked not to be offended when the 105 minutes time limit has passed.
• Members are advised to have travel from the Club arranged in advance of completion of their meal. There is no drinking up time and no waiting area after the meal.
• Ample car parking is provided, please observe social distancing.
• Arrive at the Club no more than 5 minutes prior to your reservation, sanitise your hands and wait to be shown to your table by a member of staff.
• Observe social distancing at all times and remain within your group.
• Toilets will be open in the Clubhouse and Members are asked to follow signage.
ACCESS TO THE RESTAURANT:
During Phase 3, access to the Restaurant will be from the Front Door.
To access the Restaurant:
• The party must include a current Member.
• Not have a cold or be displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
• Not be required to be in self-isolation.
• Have a Restaurant Reservation.
ON COMPLETION OF ELASPED RESERVATION TIME:
• No drinking up time is permitted.
• Payment will be by Debit/ Credit Card only.
• If a Member is late for their booking, the time limit restriction commences from the booking time and not the arrival time.
SOME ISSUES THAT MEMBERS MAY EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
• Reduced Menu and Reduced Service.
• Reduced interaction with staff for safety purposes.
• Lack of social seating and social interaction.
• Time restraints.
In conjunction with our caterers Ann and Laurent, we will be happy to provide a Take Away service with advance ordering.
While we have attempted to cover all relevant issues, members, please bear in mind that this not an exhaustive document and it may not cover all situations that you may encounter. As circumstances change, any procedures we implement, will be monitored to ensure we remain up-to-date and in line with international best practice and government guidance.
The Club’s Overview for Guidelines to Re-opening includes the following items for staff, members, visitors, contractors, deliveries etc., and a copy is available to download on the Fáilte Ireland Website.
What is COVID- 19 & Key Control Measures.
Health & Safety
Hygiene & HACCP
Sector Specific Guidelines
Staff have been advised that should they develop symptoms of COVID – 19 in the workplace they are to isolate in the Meeting Room or disabled toilet which are the designated isolation areas and call their GP immediately.